Back to Motorcycle.
2009 Honda CBR1000RR ABS: Seat: Corbin
Not have a sore butt during long rides (2+ hours). I weigh 170 lb and am 5’10” tall.
I ordered mine through Cycle Gear in Laguna Hills, and received it after 3 weeks (at their store).
It is heavier than the original seat, but that is not a concern for me.
On the freeway, with the stock seat I have to lift my butt after 60 minutes (to relieve pain under the sitting bones) and with this one it is about 80 minutes. This seat seems to be made of hard memory foam, where you are not as comfortable on it at the start of the ride as the original seat, and it takes longer for the padding to spring back after unloading the seat.
· Cupping shape for touring.
· Top and side appearance.
· Underside construction seems solid, better than staples on original.
· Slippery, so your butt moves under acceleration/braking, more than original seat.
· Harder seat feel at start of ride than original seat and molds after 5 minutes, but is harsher on road bumps. A clay-like feeling.
· Tight fitting seat to the motorcycle (seat is slightly too long).
· Underside finish underwhelms.
· Underside rear brackets at different angles.
FAIL Not significantly more comfortable on long rides than the original seat, and not as comfortable at start of ride. Too slippery. Returned it for a full refund (thank you Cycle Gear).